Top Tips for Moving House
Top Tips for Moving House discussed by Smart Move North East
At Smartmove we understand that moving house can be stressful and take up a huge amount of time whilst you are trying to juggle your everyday life. Read our Top Tips for Moving House for handy hints and tips which will make your life easier and give you the time to enjoy your move.
1) Research and Book your Removal Company Early
Look for professional, reputable and reliable removal companies and invite them round as early as you can to give you quotes for the different services they offer. Using a reputable and larger removal company will ensure your moving day goes smoothly as they will have the expertise and resources needed for any changing circumstances, compared to a smaller company who if they have problems on the day with sickness or their vehicle breaks down you could be let down. Good removal companies will offer the following services which will all vary in cost:
- Loading you packed boxes from your old home and unloading them into your new home on your move day
- Packing your home up the day before your move, loading your belongings and unloading them on the day of your move
- Packing your home up the day before the move, dismantling larger items such as; beds, tables, wardrobes etc and loading and unloading your belongings on your move day
- Packing your home up the day before the move, dismantling larger items such as beds, tables, wardrobes etc and loading and unloading your belongings into your new home on your move day. Re-assembling your larger items so you are ready to unpack your belongings without the worry of having to do the DIY before you unpack
When you have chosen which Removal Company you want to use then you can give them your estimated removal date and reconfirm it with them when you have exchanged and you have a moving date confirmed. If things start to move and are then delayed which can happen a lot then a good and larger removal company will have the resources to accommodate this so just keep in touch with them and let them know as things change or progress.
Martyn works for Smartmove Northeast as a marketing specialist. He takes great pride in creating quality content for people looking for a removal company in Newcastle.