Credible as well as well established Removal Services in Whitley Bay
If you are looking for a professional and reliable Removal Company Whitley Bay we offer a trusted and expert removal service to match your needs and budget.
Whether you’re moving house or business in Whitley Bay we can help and will guarantee your move is efficient and trouble-free for you.
Why choose Smartmove Removals Services in Whitley Bay?
Established and Specialist Removal Company
We are a regional removal company with our own fleet of vehicles and self storage facilities. We have been relocating households and business in Whitley Bay and across the North East for over 10-years so whether you’re moving within your area or moving somewhere else in the UK we can assist.
Removal Company Whitley Bay Fleet of Specialist Removal Vehicles
We have a large fleet of our own specialist removal vehicles to guarantee we can move your personal belongings in one journey, however much you have. Our very own fleet of vehicles means you don’t need to load, unload and then return to your residential property to load and drive the remainder to your new property. You will be out of your property when you legally need to be and we will wait outside your new property with your possessions whilst you wait for your keys. Whether you are renting or buying we can give you with the removal solution in Whitley Bay that suits you, your situation and your budget.
Simple Moving Checklist discussed by Smartmove North East
Moving home is an extremely busy and stressful time, you might have never moved before and are a first time buyer or you might have moved several times before and your life is very busy. Whatever your situation it’s always good to create your own Simple Moving Checklist which will ensure you know everything you need to do and when, and you won’t miss anything through your selling, buying and moving process.
When you have a Moving Checklist it helps you feel in control knowing what needs to be done and when, and it enables you to get on with your everyday life during the process with minimal stress.
Moving Checklist When Putting Your Home on the Market
Moving is an expensive thing to do and there are lots of costs that you should factor in to check you can afford to move to before you take the first step.
You should know how much equity you have in your home before you put your house on the market so start by looking at similar properties which have sold in your road and area to understand how much your home might sell for. When you have done this, contact your mortgage company and check how much they would be willing to lend you, if you are able to change your mortgage and if there are any charges involved .
Next, you can look at homes for sale in the area online and check if there is anything that matches what you are looking for within your budget.
Make a list of must-have’s for your new home that don’t want to compromise on and the things that are your would like’s that you are willing to compromise on. Keep referring back to your list when you are looking at properties as it’s really easy to get fall in love with a newly renovated or beautifully decorated property which doesn’t actually tick all of your needs and wants.
When you know there are properties you would like to potentially buy within and area and within your budget you should create yourself a moving budget which includes all of the costs associated with moving:
- Estate Agent Fees
- Conveyancing/Legal Fees
- Mortgage Fees
- EPC Costs
- Stamp Duty
- Removal Costs
This allows you to understand how much you can spend on your new home after these costs have been accounted for and will be the financial reality of moving home.
How to Add Value to your Home before Moving discussed by Smartmove North East
There are some really simple and reasonably quick ways to Add Value to your Home before you put it on the market which will also make it more appealing to potential buyers. The first thing to do is walk around your home and make a list of things you need to do as you go, these can include;
A home will always be much more appealing and feel a lot bigger to potential buyers if the rooms are clean and uncluttered. Declutter by room and take anything you don’t need to the charity shop or try selling it on free local facebook pages or using free selling sites. If you have big items you want to get rid of then advertise them on these sites as well and if they don’t go then advertise them as ‘free to collector’ and this takes away the job of moving them yourself as well as having a vehicle big enough to move them.
Declutter and tidy your loft and garage and this will also save you a lot of time when you move as you will only be taking the belongings that you still need and use.
This is the first step to add value to your home.
If you need to refresh any walls, ceilings, skirtings and sills then give them a lick of paint. Using neutral colours and tones will make a room look bigger, be more appealing and feel like more of a blank canvass for potential buyers. If the walls don’t need painting then wipe away any marks with a Magic Eraser Sponge, these are brilliant and wipe away dirt and marks without removing the paint. This will add value to your home and make it more appealing to potential buyers as well as increasing its value as it will look clean and fresh when estate agents come round to value it.
Look at the room and decide if you need any storage solutions to ensure your belongings including; toys, paperwork, shoes, clothes aren’t on display when people are viewing your home as this will put them off. You can look for storage on the free selling sites and if you don’t find anything suitable then look in your local DIY shops to see if they have anything suitable. Remember, don’t go over the top with storage as again it can make a room look smaller, cluttered and less appealing.
Top Tips for Moving House discussed by Smart Move North East
At Smartmove we understand that moving house can be stressful and take up a huge amount of time whilst you are trying to juggle your everyday life. Read our Top Tips for Moving House for handy hints and tips which will make your life easier and give you the time to enjoy your move.
1) Research and Book your Removal Company Early
Look for professional, reputable and reliable removal companies and invite them round as early as you can to give you quotes for the different services they offer. Using a reputable and larger removal company will ensure your moving day goes smoothly as they will have the expertise and resources needed for any changing circumstances, compared to a smaller company who if they have problems on the day with sickness or their vehicle breaks down you could be let down. Good removal companies will offer the following services which will all vary in cost:
- Loading you packed boxes from your old home and unloading them into your new home on your move day
- Packing your home up the day before your move, loading your belongings and unloading them on the day of your move
- Packing your home up the day before the move, dismantling larger items such as; beds, tables, wardrobes etc and loading and unloading your belongings on your move day
- Packing your home up the day before the move, dismantling larger items such as beds, tables, wardrobes etc and loading and unloading your belongings into your new home on your move day. Re-assembling your larger items so you are ready to unpack your belongings without the worry of having to do the DIY before you unpack
When you have chosen which Removal Company you want to use then you can give them your estimated removal date and reconfirm it with them when you have exchanged and you have a moving date confirmed. If things start to move and are then delayed which can happen a lot then a good and larger removal company will have the resources to accommodate this so just keep in touch with them and let them know as things change or progress.
How to Unpack After Moving House – Hints & Tips from Smartmove North East
Moving house is stressful enough and then when you finally have the keys you then have the daunting task of unpacking. We have put together some hints and tips of how to unpack after moving house which will enable you to enjoy your new home quickly and stress-free on your moving day and in the days and weeks after.
The key to a successful and stress-free move is planning and preparation and if you are organised with your packing then unpacking will be so much easier.
Hints & Tips for Packing when Moving House
- Declutter so you only move the belongings that you actually want to have in your new home
- Source some good quality boxes with lids that can be taped shut. A good removal company will be able to supply you with these
- Pack boxes by room, packing the heavier items at the bottom and lighter items at the top. Spread the weight of heavier items between your boxes, use smaller items to fill the gaps and bedding and furnishings to wrap fragile items
- Don’t overfill the boxes so they are bulging or too heavy to lift
- Use a permanent marker pen to clearly label your boxes
- Label your boxes by room with an overview of what’s in them so when you get to your new home you can easily find what you need and can prioritise which boxes you unpack first
- Number your bedrooms and bathrooms (upstairs/downstairs) and, or, put your family’s names on the boxes so your removal team know which bedroom to put each box when they unload
- Wrap any fragile items in bubble wrap, again good removal companies will be able to provide this for you
- Seal your boxes securely with good quality tape and always do it on the top and bottom of every box
- Tape remote controls to the back of your TV’s
- Pack a moving day survival box which you can go to as soon as you get your keys to your new home. Include things that will get you through the day and pack it into your car so you have it when you first get the keys to your new home. This might include toiletries you might need, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, soap, pyjamas, towels, tea towels, phone chargers, bottles of water, snacks, things to keep the children occupied, mugs, the number of plates and knives and forks you need for your first day, kettle, tea and coffee and cleaning products that you will need when you first get into your new home
Top Tips for Selling Your Home discussed by Smart Move North East
Selling, buying and moving house can be stressful so we have put together our Top Tips for Selling Your Home which will make things easier for you, your family and ensure you can enjoy the whole experience.
1) Selling Your Home & Preparing for Viewings
There is nothing worse than your estate agent calling you and asking if they can bring someone round to view your house on the same day. If you haven’t spent time preparing your house before you put it up for sale then this can make it stressful and your home won’t seem as appealing as it could do to potential buyers. It also means you will have fewer things to move on moving day and this will make it cheaper when you’re using a removal company
Declutter as much as you can, think about what you want to keep and what you want to get rid of and be as brutal as you can with this. Try to sell as much as you can on local facebook pages or free selling sites and if it doesn’t sell then advertise it as ‘free to collector’. This takes the time and hassle of moving large and heavy items yourself and taking them to the tip. Anything you can’t sell, take to charity shops or recycling centres. Don’t forget to include decluttering your roof space, garage, garden shed, and garden when you are doing this. Get everyone involved and make sure everyone knows what their aim is.
Give a room a lick of paint if it needs it and keeps your rooms as clutter-free as you can. Spending money on storage will help with this and if done in the right way will make your home more appealing to prospective buyers.
Keep your home as clean as you can and do little and often and this means if you have that last-minute viewing request you don’t have the stress of knowing your house looks like a bomb has hit it.